Percy and Reed Smooth and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil

Percy and Reed Smooth and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil

I first came across Percy & Reed when I received a number of their products through Beauty Subscription Box – Birchbox, developed by two hairdressers (Percy and Reed, yes, that’s their names) their packaging is cute, simple and elegant.

Every product has the same luxury quality to it, matte off-white background, Black text and a beautiful illustration of a  girl with incredible hair. The Smooth and Sensational No Oil Oil is no different, except the the girl doesn’t appear on the bottle, at least not on mine (which is only a sample size from Birchbox).

It’s only recently I’ve wanted to see volume at my roots, I have a lot of hair, and I mean a lot and the shear weight of it means that curls don’t really last all that long in my hair and volume only happens when I’ve rolled out of bed, and by the time I’ve got to work there’s no sign of the bouncy hair I had first thing. I tried a couple of volumising products from other brands before discovering the Percy & Reed No Oil Oil, the thing I found with Birchbox was that even though you were only receiving 5 sample products a month, over time they built up and some got missed along the way, and for me the No Oil Oil was one of them.

Percy and Reed Smooth and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil featured in Self photo with volumious hair. Hair is shoulder length, thick and colour treated - emmarollason.com

The volumising product I was using previously had a tendency to leave my hair crunchy, like I’d doused it in firm-hold hairspray, and one day when I was clearing out my draws of beauty products there she was the Percy and Reed Smooth and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil.

After washing my hair as normal, and towel drying (I always air-dry) I tip my hair upside down and brush through with my Wet Brush (you know that volumising trick you’re mum is always preaching, it works), then taking about 4 drops of the No Oil Oil between my palms and working it through the roots of my hair, before going in with my favourite hair oil from Garnier which leaves my ends feeling super soft, supple and giving a healthy shine. I flip my hair back to normal and leave to air-dry over night.

The instructions recommend using 2-3 drops of the product for fine hair and more if your hair is thick or long and I found roughly 4 works for me and holds the volume at my roots. The product itself is a clear, water-based liquid gel formula rather than an actual oil, and has the signature trademark scent of Percy and Reed products. Not only does it add volume but it conditions and hydrates the hair and provides a healthy looking shine.

Overall I wish I had discovered this product sooner, but it is now a staple part of my post shower haircare routine.

Hair styled using Percy and Reed Smooth and Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil at roots. Hair is shoulder length, thick and colour treated. - emmarollason.com

Have you tried any products from Percy and Reed? What are you thoughts and favourite’s?

1. May 26, 2018 / 2:22 pm

Wow, your hair looks super voluminous, one of my main issues with my hair is that they become so flat with literally 0 volume so this product is definitely something interesting! Thanks for sharing! xx

2. May 27, 2018 / 3:12 pm

I’ve never heard of this brand but I absolutely hate my hair at the minute it always looks so flat and horrible I definitely need to get my hands on this product to see if I can bring some life back into my hair! Great post lovely, you’re hair looks fab!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

• May 27, 2018 / 3:31 pm

Thank you so much dear, Percy and Reed have some great products for all different hair styling needs. I hope you find something that works for you.xx

3. May 27, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous! I always find trouble keep voluming at my roots, while the ends of my hair always look thicker and I feel a bit lopsided! I’m going to look into this product, it sounds great ☺️

Beka | astrobeks.wordpress.com

• May 28, 2018 / 12:32 pm

Thank you Beka, I always need to get mine thinned out because there is just so much of it, I end up with mushroom hair after a while haha. xx

4. May 28, 2018 / 10:49 am

I’ve never heard of Percy and Reed but wow, your hair looks gorgeous Emma! It’s looks so healthy and volumised 😍. This sounds like a fantastic product, I’ll have to keep my eye out for this brand in the shops. Great post girl 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

5. May 28, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I’m so happy this was a positive review! I’m always looking for extra volume. I have the same problem. My hair is so heavy and long that it weighs itself down alllll the time. I’ve loved every other Percy and Reed product I’ve tried so I’ll be sure to check this out x

Sophie

6. May 28, 2018 / 5:54 pm

This looks so good! I’ve never tried this brand but this looks like a great product for me as my hair is super fine and flat, so I’m always looking for a bit of volume! Xx

Andrea | Trxpical Andrea

7. May 28, 2018 / 6:47 pm

This stuff is incredible! Loved it ever since I got a miniature sample in a magazine a few years ago, stocked up recently in Singapore as the exchange rate was in my favour! I’ve recently suffered some hair loss of my roots, not enough to give me bald patches, but a lot of my natural volume has disappeared. This stuff has been a lifesaver to give me some texture back!

Francesca x | http://glutenfreehorizons.com

• May 29, 2018 / 1:48 pm

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve suffered with hair loss, but I’m glad that this has been a lifesaver product for you, and managed to stock up while you had the opportunity. I can’t believe the difference it makes to my hair, it’s truly amazing. xx

8. May 28, 2018 / 6:51 pm

Love your hair 💕💕💕 this does sound good I like how it isn’t oil and is volumising

• May 29, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Thank you so much sweetie, it’s a great product especially if you’re not a fan of using oils. xx

• May 29, 2018 / 1:49 pm

Thank you lovely, I’m glad you enjoyed the post xx

• May 29, 2018 / 4:02 pm

The Percy and Reed packaging is just the cutest ever! Thank you Elise xx

9. June 3, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Your hair looks so lovely and super volumous at the roots in these photos! I’ve only tried one percy and reed product, it was a hairspray that I got in my M&S beauty advent calendar. I’ve got to say I really wasn’t keen on it as it made my hair really solid and I usually like a more natural hold! It definitely smelt good though. I find my hair is most volumous when I blow-dry it but it’s such a pain that it can be so damaging. Great review Emma and you’ve definitely persuaded me to go and have a look further into this!
    Alice Xx