Firstly I would like to thank the lovely Faith & Lucas from Red Lips and Rose for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Faith and Luca’s write to inspire with a variety of posts inc health & fitness, DIY, Fashion & Beauty and Travel.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post, and/or on the blog
- What’s one thing you wish to accomplish this month, blog or otherwise? The one thing I wish to accomplish with my blog this month is scheduling, not just being ahead with my blog posts but also scheduling promotional tweets etc which I struggle with.
- What is one food you cannot live without? Right now, I’m craving fajita’s but it’ll change depending on my mood, I like food too much to choose just one.
- What is one blog that inspires you? If I had to choose just one blog that inspire’s me the most it would have to be InTheFrow. I have loved Victoria’s blog for absolutely years, her content is always beautifully curated from her images down to her writing style.
- Are you a saver or a spender? I try to be a saver but I’m very much a spender.
- What social media platform is your favourite to boost your blog? My favourite to curate has to be Instagram but to boost my blog would definitely be Twitter.
- If there was a movie about your life which celebrity would play you? I’d love Jennifer Lawrence to play me, I think she is such a brilliant actress and share’s very similar personal traits (not that that’s what acting is about); she’s fierce, she’s lovable and she’s clumsy, just like I am, I think she would bring an authenticity to my character.
- What is the story behind your blog’s name? I started a blog a few years ago, however as much I loved ‘the idea’ of blogging I felt like my images weren’t up to scratch, I didn’t have a clue about composition, lighting, editing nothing, the only thing I knew was how to write, I’ve always excelled in writing no matter it be stories, poetry or informative it’s always been a strong point of mine. That blog was a learning curve, a lesson into, do I actually want to do this? The answer was of course yes, I do want to blog, I do want to write about the things I love, share my knowledge, experience and even stories, but this blog I was currently using, this wasn’t it, it wasn’t me, I was hiding behind a moniker that bore no resemblance to me, the content was forced and unnatural and I burned out quickly, becoming dissatisfied and unhappy with the blog. So fast-forward to last year, I had a whole lot of spare time now on my hands, and I wanted to be blogging only this time I wanted to create quality content rather than quantity content, I wanted to create posts that I was proud of, that I would happily direct people to rather than hide the fact I was writing a blog, a blog that was me, that was mine, no moniker to hide behind and so emmarollason.com (emmarollason.wordpress.com) was born.
- Do you listen more to your head or your heart? I’d probably say I listen to my heart more than my head
- What are you most thankful for today? As I write this I’m terrible ill so today I’m most thankful for my health and well being, thankful to have the day off work to be resting and thankful to be surrounded by my amazing family.
- What’s your ideal way to relieve stress? During the day I like to go for long drives/walks/swim’s and if it’s late at night and I’m trying to wind down for bed I like to put on some relaxing meditative music, do some stretches, colouring or a meditation app.
- Share your favourite blog post from another blogger and tell us why you like it. I loved this question and have included it in my questions, I think it’s a great way of sharing and finding new content, that being said here’s mine. Bournemouth Girl – 26 Things I have learned in 26 years I love Lauren’s writing style in this post, she take’s you on a pleasant humour filled journey whilst sharing her slice of life advice and tips that she’s learnt through her 26 years.
- What is your number one piece of advice for newbie bloggers?
- What is your favourite all time quote?
- What is one skill you wish you could excel at?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Who/What inspired you to start a blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- What is the best advice you have ever been given?
- What is the one thing you have done that you are most proud of and why?
- If you could have dinner with anyone past or present who would it be and why?
- Share your favourite blog post from your blog and why it means so much to you
- Share your favourite blog post from another blog and why you like it
Lauren – Bournemouth Girl
Charlotte – Graceful Glamour UK
Jane – Jane Sade
Clem – Clem Loves
Alice – Black Tulip Beauty
Kate – Cake and Coast
Annie – Book Nerd Travels
Andi – And Then Zen
Megan – Inside Megan’s Mind
Gary – GCD Travel Fit
Hannah – Hannah’s Life Diaries