The End of the F***ing World

The End of the F***ing World

Happy Sunday,

I wanted to write about something a little different today. I’ve been on a bit of a Netflix binge this weekend and watched all 8 episodes of The End Of The F***cking World in two days, which is good going for me. I’ve spent the week feeling pretty drained, unmotivated and uninspired, so instead of sitting down to write a post or take photo’s I decided that rather than force something that just isn’t in me I would take the time to do something I do very rarely which is sit down and actually watch a series. Now I do ‘watch’ t.v. but if I’m honest it’s only on as background noise for me, I don’t really tune into it and give it my full attention.

I had seen trailer’s for the end of the f***cking world and thought it was about 2 teenagers who go onย  a bit of a roadtrip, but this british drama is a lot darker than I originally thought. Based on a book by Charles Forsman, the story follows two 17 year old teenagers, James (who is convinced he is a psychopath) and Alyssa (the rebellious new girl), the two strike up a friendship and after stealing James’ fathers car go on the biggest adventure of their lives to find Alyssa’s real father. Along the way the pair find themselves in dangerous situations and on the run from the police, the series finishes as James turns 18, now legally accountable for his crimes as an adult, he has to make the biggest decision of his life.

I sat down thinking this show was going to be a light-hearted comedy and found myself engrossed in a dark gripping drama instead. I’m honestly sad to have finished the series so soon, do you ever watch something and wish you hadn’t just so you can experience watching it first hand all over again? That’s honestly how I feel right now. I certainly wasn’t prepared for the final episode and sat through the finale with my hands over my mouth in both shock and interest what’s going to happen next? This show take’s you on a fast-paced journey not only across Britain but emotionally as well.

The end of the f***cking world has a 97% score on Rotten Tomatoes and an overall rating of 8.2/10, one of the best show’s I have watched in a long time.

1. March 18, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Loved this show too, would be brilliant if they done another season, but don’t know how after that finale

• March 18, 2018 / 5:23 pm

I know it would be great if there was a second season but I agree I don’t know how they’d do it xx

2. March 18, 2018 / 6:31 pm

I hate to do this but I disagree with the hype. It’s a decent show, but nothing to write home about. Perhaps I’m just insatiable in my TV taste!

Rachel || anotherstationanothermile.com

• March 18, 2018 / 6:36 pm

Not everyone enjoys the same thing, it’s what makes us special and unique. What kind of shows do you enjoy watching? xx

3. March 19, 2018 / 11:59 am

This sound very cool, probably a good show to binge with my boyfriend since i am super sensitive about tv shows which contain a lot of tension

4. March 19, 2018 / 8:03 pm

I’ve been considering whether to watch this on my Netflix since it came out but I haven’t been intrigued enough to press play yet, you’ve just changed that! It sounds like a really good programme, I was the same as you thinking it was just going to be about two teenagers and not much else but I love a good drama! Can’t wait to see if I enjoy it now!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

5. Bexa
    March 19, 2018 / 9:43 pm

Iโ€™ve seen this advertised on Catch Up and Iโ€™ve wanted to watch it for a while. After reading your review I want to watch it even more now! Think Iโ€™m going to have to binge watch it all at the weekend now ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• March 19, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I’d love to hear your thoughts xx

6. March 20, 2018 / 11:59 am

I recently binge watched this series in one sitting, as I was hooked. I heard of this show and wasnโ€™t that interested in watching, until one day I was scrolling through Netflix and it caught my eye – out of curiosity I watched one episode just to see how I felt, and then fell into an (upwards) spiral. Anyway I ended up really enjoying this show but wow did it take me on an emotional rollercoaster. I definitely felt a little sad after finishing it though – as I felt for the two main characters. Anyway, loved the blog post ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Charlotte | charlotteloveswriting.blogspot.com

7. March 22, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Ooh this sounds really good! I was like you, thought it would be just about a teenage romance etc, but I’ll have to give it a watch.
    I’m about half way through the second season of The Crown which I’m really enjoying. A totally different thing, but a good watch if you’re in the mood for a binge xx

• March 22, 2018 / 10:09 pm

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check it out xx

8. March 23, 2018 / 2:20 pm

Oh my! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ This is right up my alley, I love shows that surprise you and have a dark twist tbh. It makes you think about everything and how close to some realities they can be. This review has def spiked my interest, I heard about this but I’m more excited to watch it now. Thanks Em! ๐Ÿ˜€

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com