Soph X Makeup Revolution Highlight Palette

Soph X Makeup Revolution Highlight Palette

A few weeks back I reviewed the Soph X Revolution Eyeshadow palette (formerly Makeup Revolution) which you can read here, and since then I’ve fallen a little bit in love with it. Which got me thinking, what about the Soph X Revolution Highlight Palette? Now I originally didn’t purchase the Highlight Palette with the Eyeshadow palette because I’m not the biggest highlight fanatic, I didn’t really understand ‘that glow’ hype around highlighter. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried various highlighters in the past but they never really captured my heart and so are usually left out of my makeup looks/routine’s.

But since I loved the eyeshadow palette so much and the highlight shades did look very pretty, I decided I would give the palette a chance, maybe it might change my mind about using highlighters?

Soph X Revolution (formerly makeup revolution) Highlight Palette: 8 shimmering highlighter shades to suit all - emmarollason.com

The palette consists of 8 beautiful shimmering shades; 5 baked powders (marbled effect) and 3 pressed powders, encased in a nude plastic packaging and transparent window, with gold lettering. The powder’s are super soft and buttery, they glide on to the skin with no clumping, clinging or chalkiness. They leave a beautiful highlighted ‘glow’ oh yes! I found my inner soph and embraced that glow! Some of the shades are more ‘blinding’ than other’s in the palette but each of them are build-able so you can start like me with a delicate barely there glow or build up to shine amongst the stars.

There’s a few bronze shades in the palette which is where I started purely because they felt ‘safe’ for someone who doesn’t wear highlight, and with the sun starting to peak through I’m desperately wanting lovely tanned skin and these shades satisfy that need. There’s a beautiful pink shade, which I’ve also been loving, another ‘safe’ option for me, then there’s Green and Lilac which I’ve not experimented with too much, except on the eye’s as inner corner and brow highlight.

Soph X Revolution (formerly makeup revolution) Highlighter palette arm swatches; 8 shimmering highlight shades to suit all skin types - emmarollason.com

I’m now a highlight convert, I’m not on the blinding glow hype but the subtle glow is a yes from me. These shades are also great for strobing. On the morning’s I’ve wanted to put something on my face but have 0 inspiration I’ve just strobed using the bronze shades and they look so nice, almost mimicking a natural sunkissed look.

Have you tried the Soph X Revolution palettes?

Whilst you’re here why not check out my review of the Soph X Revolution eye shadow palette

*emmarollason.com uses Affiliate Links, to find out more about how affiliate links are used within this blog please read my Disclaimer*

1. March 16, 2018 / 8:13 pm

This is honestly so so pretty, i have the eyeshadow palette and really need this highlighter!X

• March 16, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I love both of Soph’s palette’s they’re such good quality and so so pretty xx

2. March 16, 2018 / 8:44 pm

I never bought it because I think its very similar to my Sleek highlight palette, but now I am very tempted based on these swatches! Great post lovely x

3. March 16, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I’ve been lusting after this for so long! I’m a sucker for highlight and anything that’ll give me a glow. I adore the look of the more pinky shades and I can’t believe it’s so cheap too! Need to get my paws on it soon!
    Alice Xx

• March 16, 2018 / 8:51 pm

I hope you get your hands on it soon my lovely xx

4. Bexa
    March 16, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Such a gorgeous palette, the shades are so pretty 💕. It’s good that you can create a natural sunkissed look easily (most days I just want an easy simple makeup look) so this sounds perfect! Great post Emma and your photography is fantastic! 😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

5. March 17, 2018 / 10:28 am

Gorgeous. I’m not one for highlighters, but these do look rather pretty. Thanks for sharing Emma x

• March 17, 2018 / 5:15 pm

Me neither but these have changed my mind on highlighters xx

• March 17, 2018 / 5:17 pm

I know it is rather daunting which is why I stick to placing it on smaller areas, maybe one day? Thanks for reading Freja xx

6. March 17, 2018 / 4:36 pm

I love the look of this, she looks a beauty! I’m terrible for highlight, I have far more than anyone needs, but I love it haha. They just keep coming out with new ones and I’m looking forward to the pro line out next week.
    Great review as always my lovely xx

• March 17, 2018 / 5:20 pm

I just saw your instagram about this range honestly those palettes are to die for. This is my first highlight palette as I couldn’t understand the highlight hype, I feel like I’ve been missing out for so long now, definitely caught the highlight bug xx

7. March 18, 2018 / 1:22 am

I know I can’t wait 😍 The Renaissance Illuminate, Radiant in Rose is also stunning! Really versatile too as you’ve got 3/4 shades in one. I feel like I’m getting a bit obsessed and need to branch out a bit though haha xx

• March 18, 2018 / 2:29 pm

I’ll keep my eye out for it next time I’m in superdrug! xx

8. March 19, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Super pretty! I agree a soft glow is the way to go. Happy to have a recommendation for when I decide to try it 🙂

• March 19, 2018 / 10:25 pm

I hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading my lovely xx

9. Ellyn Rebecca
    March 19, 2018 / 9:53 pm

I go in and out with highlighters but when you find a good one, it makes all the difference! The only problem I have is I prefer the rest of my face to be quite Matte, a blinding line of shimmer on my cheek bone doesn’t really go with it!

Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

• March 19, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Some of these shades aren’t blinding they’re very natural on the cheeks that’s what I like about it xx