Thank you to the lovely Charlotte, the beauty behind Graceful Glamour UK a beauty blog where she shares product reviews, hauls and much more, for nominating me for my first ever tag post, the Beauty Blogger Tag. 30 Beauty Questions about my favourite brands and products, I hope you enjoy my answers and go check out Charlotte’s answers too.
- Do you remember your first makeup item? Yes, the first ever makeup item I bought myself out of my pocket money was a black glittery mascara, it was wet as hell and super messy. It didn’t belong to any drugstore brand but I was so in love with it at the time. Before then I used to have my mum’s old lipsticks and a couple of cream eyeshadow palette’s which I rarely used.
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications? Yes, my perfect mascara is by far the L’Oreal Paradise Mascara, closely followed by the L’Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara. I love how the Paradise mascara lengthens, separates and curls while adding a slight volume to my lashes. I have super long lashes and this mascara enhances them without looking unnatural, I personally am not a fan of ‘spider’ lashes that clump together and prefer them to look separated and natural and this mascara does that whilst keeping the flexibility of my natural lashes.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation? I’ve always prefered lightweight coverage foundations but I do also have medium and high coverage foundations but I barely reach for them. I personally prefer the finish and feel of a lightweight foundation on my skin for everyday use, and tend to keep my medium/high coverage foundations for when I’m performing and need more from my base.
- Favourite High-End Brand? I’ve not really branched out into ‘high-end’ beauty products too much, I think you can get so much good quality drugstore products these days, so therefore I’m going to say Urban Decay as they are the most expensive products I have in my beauty collection. I would love to try MAC, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury and Fenty Beauty, maybe one day they’ll find their way into my collection.
- What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but haven’t? I think this goes alongside the question above, MAC, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Fenty Beauty…
- Favourite Drugstore Brand? Rimmel and L’Oreal are my go to brands for makeup, I’d struggle to choose one over the other.
- Do you wear false lashes? If needed for a performance then I’ll wear them, but I don’t day to day as I already have naturally long lashes.
- Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? Does lip balm count as makeup? I honestly carry lip balm with me everywhere, especially in this cold weather. Other than that I’m happy to go out bare faced.
- What is your most cherished beauty product? I wanna say my Urban Decay Naked Palette because of the price tag compared to my other products but honestly it would have to be Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipsticks.
- How often do you shop for makeup products? Do you like to pick up an item here or there or lots of goodies at once? I probably shop way too often for makeup, it’s both a blessing and a curse that I work opposite a Boots and have to walk through the makeup counters to get to the ‘to-go’ fridges for my lunch.
- Do you have a ‘beauty budget’ or do you spend freely? What’s a beauty budget? *Looks around the room* I should probably set myself a beauty budget to stop myself, I have no self-restraint.
- Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics? Yep, I have a boots card, superdrug beauty card and debenhams beauty card. I’m also a sucker for the 3 for 2 offers, 2 for £ and free gift offers. This tag is starting to make me think I have a serious spending problem when it comes to beauty products.
- What type of product do you buy the most of? Lipstick & Liquid Lipstick, I just can’t stop myself.
- Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand? I’ve yet to come across a beauty brand where I’ve not liked at least one of their products.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like sulphates or parabens? I don’t in my cosmetics but I try to avoid Silicone based hair products.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup? Boots is my go to for drugstore and I enjoy a good browse of the high-end beauty counters in Selfridges.
- Do you like trying new Skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? If I’ve found a routine that works I’ll stick with it but I do tend to switch it up every now and again to address any changes in my skin – hormonal changes, seasonal changes, environment changes etc.
- Favourite Bath and Body Brand? Sanctuary Spa & Radox are the two bath & body brands I’ll indulge in when I want a more luxe pamper sesh.
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose? Again a close call between Rimmel and L’Oreal, if I really had to choose I think I would probably go with L’Oreal just for the mascara.
- What brand do you think has the best packaging? I love Tarte and Too Faced for their product packaging, always look so pretty and aesthetically pleasing, and Makeup Revolution for their dupe packaging.
- Which celebrity do you think always has good makeup? Victoria (In The Frow) always looks gorgeous and elegant, and Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence always look beautiful.
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities? Not at the moment
- Favourite Beauty Gurus I love Mykie (Glam and Gore), Zoe (Zoella), Victoria (InTheFrow), Lauren (Lauren Curtis) and Shannon (Shaaanxo).
- Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains? Yes, I have two lip and cheek stains from Benefit and I think they are great, I have Go Go Tint which is a perfect pink for the cooler months and Cha Cha Tint a beautiful coral for the warmer months. I love using these on the lips and cheeks for a makeup look and how ‘together’ the makeup looks when the lips and cheeks match.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I’d say messy when it comes to applying makeup, especially when it comes to lines like winged eye liner and lip liner and also chunky mascara wands.
- Do you use a makeup base/primer for the eyes? I don’t use a primer but I do sometimes put a little concealer on my lids as a base before eye shadow if my eyes look particularly dark, or I like to use the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow pots as a base too.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day? If it’s a hair wash day I’ll use 3, Shampoo, Conditioner and a Hair Oil other than that i don’t use hair products apart from the occasional spritz of dry shampoo.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation? Foundation first and then concealer under the eyes.
- Would you ever consider taking up makeup classes? Yes, I love learning new tips and tricks with makeup and I’d love to learn SFX Makeup. I’ve taken a beginners lesson in face painting, learning the techniques and different types of paint.
- What do you love about makeup? I love how versatile makeup is and how it can completely change your face for better or worse. My everyday makeup I like to keep minimal and to lead a focus to a point on my face usually my eyes, but I love how using makeup you can also transform yourself into a decaying zombie or ethereal fairy queen.
And of course anyone else who would like to give it a go.
I had so much fun writing this post, thank you again to Charlotte for the nomination, I’d love to read your posts and answers if you decide to do the tag for yourself drop a link in the comments and I’ll come and check it out.
I hope you’re all having a safe and snowy weekend.