Everyday Makeup Look

Everyday Makeup Look

Merry March!! Can you believe we’re 3 months into 2018 already? Honestly this year seems to be flying by!! I hope you are having a good 2018 so far, I know I am.

February has been a month of finding and experimenting with new makeup, but on the day’s I’ve felt a bit lazy or uninspired this is my go to quick and easy everyday makeup look. Sometime’s it can be challenging to pull myself away from my bed especially when I’m waking up at 5:00am to go to work and would much rather spend those extra 10 mins being warm and cosy, so for those days this is how I apply my makeup and for those super hard mornings I’ll add a statement lip colour to feel a little better about the cold dark commute to work.

I like to keep it super quick, simple and neutral, apart from the lip colour which I tend to switch up.

The Products:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation – Ivory

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer – Light

Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Palette – Light-Medium

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush – Gorgeous Berries

Soph X Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palette

L’Oreal Tattoo Signature Eyeliner

L’Oreal Paradise Dip Brow Pomade – Brunette

L’Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara

Carmex

The Application:

I start by dotting the foundation on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, blending it out with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, working from the centre of my face outwards and blending down the neck. Next I go in with the concealer using my finger, this concealer comes with a sponge tip which over time will harbour bacteria and you’re going to be putting it by your eyes… I’m not the biggest fan of eyeballs and eyeball issues so I don’t want to be putting anything that could cause infections on my eyes so I use my ring finger which is clean. I take the product on my finger and pat it into my under eye area and this concealer is honestly a miracle in a tube, I suffer with dark circles under my eyes and this concealer just lifts and brightens the area instantly. I don’t tend to powder in this weather as my skin is to dry and ends up looking cakey so I skip past this step and move onto contour. Using the Spectrum Collections Tapered Brush I take the contour shade of the Maybelline palette and sweep that on to the contours of my cheeks, under the jawbone/down the neck (don’t forget to blend the neck, I have at times turned up to work with brown streaks across my face where I’ve not blended as well as I should have), across the top of my forehead and down the nose. Finishing my base I go in with the Max Factor Blush on the Spectrum Collections angled brush, sweeping that along the cheek bones and apples of my cheeks.

Base finished now time for eyes! I have been loving the Soph X Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow palette it is utterly stunning; beautiful colours, pigmentation… I have a full review >>here << if you would like to read more about it. Keeping it nude and fresh on the eyes I go in with Cuppa Tea as a beautiful transitional shade using the Real Techniques Eye shadow Shade and Blend brushes, I deepen the outer corners and crease with Tiramisu and focus Mug Cake solely on the outer corner for depth and definition, also bringing each shade under the lower lash line to mirror the crease. For the lid I sweep across Pancakes, sometimes I even top Pancakes with fairy lights for added sparkle and finally adding Penguins a bright matte white in the inner corner to brighten. To enhance my eye’s I like to add a simple winged eyeliner using the L’Oreal Tattoo Signature by superliner which is a foolproof felt tip eyeliner, even I can do it and I’m hopeless at winged eyeliner. Before doing my lashes I like to do my brows just to make sure the liner has enough drying time before I curl them. I outline my brows first using the angled brush that comes with the dip brow pomade, then fill them in just to make sure the edges are sharp and to try to make sure they are similar, on my left brow I have a gap right at the top where the ‘point’ should be so this just keeps it clean and even. Finally mascara to finalise the eyes, I curl my lashes using the tweezerman curlers and then coat my lashes with my fave mascara the L’Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara, I love how flexible this mascara leaves your lashes whilst still lengthening, separating, curling and volumising giving a natural look.

Lips are where I tend to spice things up a bit, with this cold weather we’re experiencing here in the UK I always apply Carmex first before I decide on the lip colour of the day. If I’m running late I tend to leave my lips bare with just the carmex or take my lipstick with me to apply at work.

And that’s my finished everyday makeup look, perfect for lazy mornings when you want to snooze the alarm for 10 more minutes.

1. March 2, 2018 / 5:41 pm

Love this! How do you find using the brow pomade? I’m an avid powder and wax user, but I’ve never branched as far as pomade. Is it very pigmented? xx

• March 2, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I really like the pomade it’s a lot quicker than the powder/wax combo which I was using before I tried this. I find it looks more natural than when I use powder, it has a lovely pigmentation and creamy formula, it really is pretty easy to use and apply I was quite unsure what to expect when I first picked it up but it is a really nice product.
      Emma x

2. March 2, 2018 / 8:29 pm

Gorgeous look! I’ve been using the L’Oréal eyeliner too, I really like the size of the tip- makes life a lot easier!

• March 2, 2018 / 8:34 pm

I know the L’oreal ones are my faves, I have both the tattoo liner which is a medium size tip and the fine liner and they are both amazing. I agree they are so easy to use x

3. March 4, 2018 / 9:29 am

Oh yes, I’m always up for an extra 10 minutes snoozing time 😍. You look gorgeous Emma, what a pretty look! I agree, the eye shadow palette has such beautiful colours. Thank you for sharing your makeup tips! 😘 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• March 4, 2018 / 11:36 am

I’m terrible for snoozing my alarm this time of year when its so cold and dark. Thank you for reading and commenting my lovely xx

4. March 4, 2018 / 12:02 pm

I’ve been thinking of getting this mascara but I wasn’t sure what it was like so it’s so great to hear that you like it! xx

• March 4, 2018 / 12:31 pm

Yeah, I am so in love with it. If length and separation are the kind of thing you look for in a mascara then it’s definitely one to try. xx

• March 4, 2018 / 12:37 pm

That’s definitely what I’m looking for, thank you! X

5. March 4, 2018 / 1:04 pm

Lovely post! id love to try this palette it looks really good for its value! x

• March 4, 2018 / 1:16 pm

It is such a great palette for its affordable price point. Thank you for reading my lovely xx

• March 4, 2018 / 2:02 pm

Its sounds great all round. you’re welcome xx

6. March 4, 2018 / 2:08 pm

That Maybelline concealer and Carmex are two of my favourite beauty products. I find concealers often make my undereye area look worse (you know, clinging to any dry patches, settling in fine lines) but the Maybelline one is ace!

That eyeshadow palette looks beautiful, such pretty colours!

• March 4, 2018 / 2:12 pm

I totally agree, I have the same issue with under eye concealers especially with drier formulations, but the maybelline concealer has never been a problem. The Soph x Makeup Revolution palette is the only palette I’ve really been reaching for this month, it has everything you could want whether you want a neutral look or a bolder look and they are so beautifully formulated too. xx

7. March 4, 2018 / 5:54 pm

I love that palette, it’s bloody beautiful! I haven’t been lucky enough to purchase it yet but I’ve been absolutely loving Makeup Revolution products recently. I’d really love to try that L’oreal mascara too, I’m usually skeptical about swaying from my beloved Lash Sensational but this sounds brill! Carmex is a lifesaver for the lips too 🙂
    Alice Xx

• March 4, 2018 / 6:14 pm

The Soph X Makeup Revolution is the first product I’ve brought from them recently and I love it, their quality has come on so much from when they first launched. I know same, when I’ve found a product I like I tend to loyally stick with it, unless I need a product that gives a different effect. xx