Rimmel Lip Art Lipgloss

Rimmel Lip Art Lipgloss

I was introduced to the Rimmel Lip Art Lip Toppers by Australian Blogger Temporary Princess who was reviewing the three shades and the concept of  them really intrigued me. A lipgloss that can be applied over a Lipstick to create an iridescent finish to the lips.

IMG_20180122_172318.jpg Square

The three shades available are: Pearlescent (a beautiful blue shimmer), Blush Gold (a rose gold shimmer) and Gold (a yellow gold shimmer). Unfortunately my local boots store had sold out of the Pearlescent shade but I had so much fun trying out Blush Gold and Gold layering them on top of my Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipsticks and seeing how they transformed the colour and finish.

I personally found that the doe foot applicator picked up colour from the existing base shade (even when it was completely dry) but by picking the product up off the applicator and applying with my finger stopped the transfer and still left a beautiful finish on the lips. They are super comfortable to wear and they don’t cake up or smudge your existing lipstick. I tried both toppers over all of my Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipsticks purely for my own experimental purposes, some shades worked better than others for example I think that Pearlescent with its blue undertones would of worked wonders with Blue Iris but for my own personal enjoyment and curiosity I layered both toppers over each shade just to see what the result would be. The Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipsticks that I tested these Lip Art Toppers on are: Rose & Shine (a beautiful pink nude), Plum This Show (a beautiful bright red), Urban Affair (a gorgeous purple nude), Midnight ( my darkest purple shade) and Blue Iris (a bright blue). Each of these liquid lipsticks featured in my Top Winter Lip Looks which you can read >>here<<

Which is your favourite shade & colour combo?

Shop The Post:

Rimmel Lip Art Lipglosses £5.49

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipsticks £5.99

Wondered what Pearlescent looks like? I finally got my hands on it here >>Rimmel Lip Art

*emmarollason.com uses Affiliate Links to find out more about how affiliate links are used within this blog please see my Disclaimer*

1. January 28, 2018 / 1:34 pm

I have a few of the liquid lipsticks! I never thought to try a lip topper over them! I will definitely look into them 😊

• January 28, 2018 / 2:53 pm

Blue is always fun to play with. Thanks for reading Kelly x

2. January 28, 2018 / 4:35 pm

I’ve tried these too and I had the same problem with the applicator picking up the colour from the matte, dry base which I found a bit of a pain! I was also expecting them to be a bit more of a drying consistency with the name “lip art” but they were a bit too glossy to actually create any sort of art with! I do love the subtle shimmer they give over the top of another colour though and they all look really lovely on you! 🙂
    Alice Xx

• January 28, 2018 / 4:57 pm

I agree they’re not really for ‘Lip Art’ as such I can imagine them being very messy. Thank you for your lovely comment x

3. January 28, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Ooh the shades are all so pretty, I’d love to try some nude shades xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

• January 28, 2018 / 5:52 pm

I need to add nudes to my collection. Thanks for reading lovely x

4. January 30, 2018 / 11:03 am

Omg this looks gorgeous! I need to try this out! 😍😍

5. Lena Dee
    January 30, 2018 / 1:05 pm

Ouuu these are some nice colors! Especially the blue, it’s kind of different and bold oh and the maroon color is nice also. I’ve never tried this but I’ve seen a few YouTubers with it. Lovely review doll! I might give this a try.

xx Lena | http://lenadeexo.com

6. Creative Nails
    February 1, 2018 / 6:49 pm

Ooo, these look so interesting! I love the colours in the first and second picture – it looks so pretty! I’m not usually brave enough to wear lipstick myself though!

Amy,

7. February 7, 2018 / 1:30 pm

Those are so beautiful, love your looks x